Cameras are monitoring the facility for security purposes.
- No eating in the library except for special events by organizations. Nonalcoholic beverages may be brought into the library as long as they are in a sealed tight container or they contain a top or lid. Food is permitted on the library’s South Terrace.
- Any action that damages library property is prohibited.
- Shirt and shoes and appropriate hygiene are required.
- Young children must be attended at all times.
- Smoking, sleeping, loitering and/or soliciting are not permitted on library premises.
- Unlawful, disorderly, disruptive, and/or hazardous behavior is prohibited.
- Cell phone conversations are only permitted within the library’s Exhibition Room or County Room. Cell phone ringers must be turned off inside the library.
- Inconsiderate behavior towards staff or other library users is not permitted.
- Only “service” animals are permitted in the library.
- All rules and regulations available in electronic or print form or posted in the library, governing use of materials, computers and equipment, must be followed.
Violation of any of these rules will subject an individual to exclusion from the library premises and/or to other appropriate action.
Adopted December 14, 1998 by the David A. Howe Public Library Board of Trustees. Amended February 12, 2007; February 14, 2011; April 14, 2014