Library Front in SpringThe Georgian Colonial style building, begun in 1935 and opened in 1937, is a landmark on Main Street, visited by over 100,000 people every year.

The heart of the library is in its Reference and Reading Rooms and Children’s Section. The library building also includes meeting rooms, a local history room, an exhibition room where art shows are held throughout the year, and an auditorium which seats 301 people.


The David A. Howe Public Library is accessible for wheelchairs and strollers via a ramp and electric door opener at the main entrance. A separate ramp serves the auditorium. There is an accessible restroom on the main level. Computers and catalog access configured for the visually or hearing impaired are available. The staff will gladly assist all patrons in retrieving books from any location in the building.

Children's SectionFoyerLibrary Main DeskLocal History Room





Updated: October 9, 2018 — 1:12 pm